Bittersweet Sensations nominated me for this award and I’m ever so flattered. She is an awesome blogger herself so if you’ve not read her work yet, you definitely should.
I haven’t been very active on my blog lately because my husband and I are finally moving into our own apartment, which is such a relief. Every newlywed couple should have their own place to call home, to be alone. Privacy is imperative. So in the process of lease signing, furniture shopping/purchasing/financing, and my full time military career, I have been thinking about what I’m going to write so that when I’m finally settled in my place I can write myself into a poetic coma!
1. Who was your first crush and what did you like about that person?
– My first true crush was a boy named Sawyer. His last name I will conceal for his own privacy. I liked him because he was a tall, gorgeous, country boy, we had the exact same sense of humor and he had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen on a man (until I met my husband, he takes the cake).
2. What is something about you that you’re most proud of?
– I am most definitely proud of my southern heritage. Being from Alabama and being extremely southern while living in such a culturally mixed up society (the military) can be difficult. Believe it or not, some people have never heard a real southern accent. Someone once told me they thought people like myself only existed in movies… But it is something unique about myself and I’m very proud of it.
3. Where is your safe haven? Why?
– My safe haven is anywhere I can write, or listen to music. Words, even in musical form, are my only escape from reality.
4. What is your favorite genre in movies?
– My favorite movie genre would have to be horror. I’m easily scared and I love a good thriller. Not so much the gory, slasher kind of films but the ones with ghosts and demons, those really get me going.
5. If you’d trade a talent with a friend, what would it be and why?
– I would trade any talent, even writing, to be able to sing. My friend Abbi can absolutely belt some tunes and I would LOVE to have a nice singing voice like her.
6. What is your biggest insecurity?
-My biggest insecurity is how sensitive I am. It’s not hard to hurt my feelings or to make me feel a certain way, period. Every emotion I feel, it seems I feel it so much harder than everyone else around me. I think I’m too emotional, and I fear that will push others away from me.
7. Who is the person you like most in the world?
– The person I like most in the world is my older sister. She is without a doubt my best friend. She’s been through it all and I can go to her for anything and everything.
8. If you could invent anything but a time machine, what would it be and why?
– If I could invent anything, I would invent a machine that eliminates writers block.
9. Do you have a particular way of making someone feel you love them?
– To be completely honest, I don’t have certain way that I make someone feel the way I love them. Or at least I don’t think I do. But when my husband and I were just dating, I would come home and write about him and let him read it. It was much easier for me to put my feelings on paper than it was for me to just say it.
10. How do you see yourself in five years?
– In five years, I see myself writing wonderful things in a magazine, having my own home in the suburbs of Chicago and possibly raising my first child.
A Few For You:
1. What’s your favorite term of endearment? (To call or be called)
2. Who is your biggest inspiration?
3. How do you like your coffee? If you aren’t a coffee drinker, what is your favorite beverage and why?
4. What is your favorite genre of music and your favorite artist?
5. What do you do for a living?
6. What has changed about you in the last five years?
7. What’s your favorite movie? Why?
8. What’s your favorite hobby?
9. You find $100 on the floor in the grocery store, what do you do?
10. How do you keep yourself calm in stressful situations?
Because I don’t follow many people yet, I only have 2 nominees instead of 7. I nominate: fearlesslynat, and Losing Screws.
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate seven blogs.